A-Z of Online Casino Software in the US: 2023 Guide
The online casino software providers are the backbone of the iGaming industry. They’re responsible for all the spectacular games you play. All the game mechanics and payouts are ultimately handled by these developers. Many of them also develop full-fledged casino software.
The thing is, the providers often remain in the shadows. They don’t make much noise other than acquiring new creator studios and/or releasing new games. The goal of our guide today is to give you the ammunition you need to choose the right brands for your game needs.
What is Casino Software?
The iGaming industry has 2 major distinctions. The online casinos and the online sportsbooks. In the sportsbooks, the primary software is designed to handle all the operations.
But when it comes to online casinos, the website interface is just the surface of the technicalities. All of the games you see displayed are actually supplied by the software providers. The operator of the casino has license agreements with the providers that allow them to offer the games to players directly.
- The Software Provider – Online Casino Symbiosis
The nature of the iGaming industry doesn’t allow casino operators to go solo. They are dependent on the software providers for a game library. The providers, on the other hand, need the operators to showcase and deliver their creations to the end-users.
Of course, there are exceptions to this where a software provider develops its own casino interface and vice versa. But it’s not the norm.
- The Casinos Offering Games from A Variety of Providers
The biggest advantage of the operators and the software providers being different is the variety. You can play all kinds of games at a casino online, offered by a multitude of providers. On the contrary, most providers specialize in 1 or 2 types of games. So, if they open their own casinos, the game library is often very limited.
- The Providers are in Control of the Mechanics
The RTP of the game, the RNG, the payouts, and all other technical aspects are controlled by the software providers. Some providers offer a variable RTP range to allow casino operators to comply with regulations.
10 Casino Software Providers You Should Know About
To make the most inclusive guide for our readers, we’ve tested who knows how many software providers. Some of them specialize in slots, some of them in table games, and some of them in live dealer games.
Casino Software Comparison Table
|Casino Software Ranking||Casino Software Provider||Game Range and specialization||The Gaming Software is playable here|
|1||Playtech||All games types||Bet365 Casino|
|2||Play’n Go||3D Video slots|
|4||Reel Time Gaming||Slots|
|5||NetEnt||Slots, Table Games, Live Casino||Bet365 Casino|
|6||Evolution Gaming||Live Casino||Borgata Casino|
|8||IGT||Slots for land-based casinos as well as online casinos||BetMGM Casino|
|9||Novoline (Greentube/Novomatic)||Online slots and branded slots|
|10||Williams Interactive||US-Based branded slot providers|
In-Depth Analysis of the 10 Most Important Casino Software Providers
In this section of our guide, we’re going to explore the features and unique characteristics of the 10 software providers listed above. We’re taking a holistic approach rather than going into too many details about the brands.
Types of Online Casino Software
You might be most familiar with online casinos that you directly opt into from the website. But did you know there are lots of different types?
Here’s a quick look at different types of software.
- Downloadable Casino Software: This is pretty much the common offering when it comes to downloadable software. This is surely convenient, but not nearly updated as the remaining.
- Online Casino Software: The most common type. You get access to the games and other features directly through the website. Also known as instant-play casinos.
- Mobile Casino Software: Similar to the previous one, these are mobile websites with top-notch compatibility.
- Proprietary Software: Some operators may offer proprietary software for download, usually better than the 1st type.
- Live Casino Software: You may get live casino software from the game studios to get easier access.
- Casino Apps: The modern version of downloadable casino software. These are only available for mobile devices with industry-standard features.
Are the Chances of Winnings Determined by Casino Software?
Not necessarily. The casino software providers may be developing the games, but all games except for the live dealers are RNG based. RNG stands for Random Number Generator.
- RNG: Random Number Generator (RNG) is an algorithm that creates a string of random numbers and translates it into game data.
- Live Games: The odds to win at live dealer games are the same as in land-based casinos.
- Reputation: You can determine whether you can trust a casino software based on its reputation and licenses.
What Does a Good Gambling Software Have to Provide?
The first thing a provider must ensure is fair play. Then, aspects like optimized gaming, load speed, payment methods, faster withdrawal time, etc. factors come into play. Your goal is to find the software providers who offer the most value for your money.